Matthew 7:6 - "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you." Posting of ideas, criticism, and satire on Evangelical culture - From the inside.

Friday, August 12, 2005

Important News from Christianity Today



This occasional contributor to the swirlypine universe subscribes to Christianity Today. It introduces me to new concepts and helps me keep in touch with the Christian church past the borders of my Orange County home church. According to their website, it is a "definitive voice that will inform, counsel, and challenge you.. Every issue offers thoughtful perspectives on current issues, trends, and news events that affect your faith daily". I have certainly found this to be true.

In fact, I found two items published in the most recent issue to be particularly newsworthy:

1. The magazine did a review of the twentieth anniversary edition of a classic book of modern American Christian thinking - "Rich Christians in an Age of Hunger." I purchased this book last night and plan on reading it on my upcoming seven day vacation in Hawaii. (I know. Very sad, but true).

2. The magazine anounced that after 30 years together and 7 million records sold, the classic Christian rock band Petra has announced that they are breaking up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home