Matthew 7:6 - "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you." Posting of ideas, criticism, and satire on Evangelical culture - From the inside.

Friday, August 19, 2005

Coffee Talk



News from Papua New Guinea

What some people will do for coffee. I thought you guys might get a kick out of this picture I took today. I'm flying coffee for this group of people -450 kg a load. It's their only source for cash. Otherwise they live off the land and they have no way to get their coffee to market - no roads. The coffee buyers, one Royal Coffee in California, arrange to pay for the
airplane and buy the coffee. We get money to help keep translators travel expenses reasonable. It's a win-win for everyone. Can you pick out the "white man" and the bags of coffee? On another coffee strip today, a pig ran in front of the plane after I was already committed to land on a one way, no go around strip. I got down before I was to contact the pig and then slowed enough to swerve the plane an avoid buying myself a pig. The chief pilot was pretty hot about the whole thing and said that we are not flying any more coffee out of that strip till they bring us a dead pig. All in a day's work. Have a good weekend. - Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home